Friday, April 30, 2010

Todd Matthews - Camden, DE

Todd Matthews
Camden, DE


I have always been fascinated how the movie makers made all those impressive sounds you hear in the movies. For example the roar of the T-Rex in Jurassic Park and the sound of the meteors striking the Moon in Armageddon. Then I watched the “making of” documentaries on their respective DVD’s. But rather than becoming disillusioned by their methods I was even more intrigued by their methods. So right after finishing high school I decided to enroll at www.filmconnection.com. They utilize a one-on-one mentoring system, where each student has access to their own tutor.

Someone who actually works within the industry, and has connections within the movie making business. My mentor is Perry and thanks to him I am learning everything I need to know (and a lot more besides) about sound design. He has helped me make several short films with a leaning toward sound effects. He has also helped me to pitch these films to prospective moviemakers and things have been very positive. I have several concrete positions available to me once I finish my course. Thing are going very well for me. Thanks to Perry and www.filmconnection.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment