Friday, April 2, 2010

Mark Westhenry - Boulder, Colorado

Mark Westhenry
Boulder, Colorado


Ever wondered how they get all those fantastic sound effects in hit movies such as Jurassic Park and Toy Story 2? Well it’s all down to a group of guys called Foley artists. On a film set a Foley artist is the person who creates many of the sound effects in a film, working with a recording engineer. They can turn a grumbling elephant or a roaring lion into a very angry T-Rex. Thanks to www.filmconnection.com and my mentor Ryan that is what I am doing right now. They taught me everything they knew about movie sound and how it’s produced, creating sound and enhancing existing sound. In many movies sound is just as important and the image, sometimes more so. There would be no sci-fi or horror movies without the Foley artist and sound engineer. They broke everything into small chunks so it was easier to take it all in. They got me connected within the industry. I am now working in Los Angeles for a major studio thanks to www.filmconnection.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Matt. I am considering the film connection. Does this program really work as good as their website says? Is it really better than traditional film school? I want to be a director and I just want to know if this program will help me accomplish that goal hopefully sometime in the not too distant future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's definitely as good its reputation indicates. You can read through the testimonials of Film Connection's multitude of happy students on here. For more information, visit http://www.film-connection.com.

    ReplyDelete