Friday, April 9, 2010

Dale Winters - Kearney, Nebraska

Dale Winters
Kearney, Nebraska


When I was 14 I directed my own war movie. It starred my classmates whilst I barked directions to them. I still have that movie. It was inspired by Steven Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan; I remember watching a HBO documentary about the making of it when it was being released theatrically in 1998. I loved watching him guide the actors and crew to where he wanted them. The way that everybody listens so intensely at every word he said. I was so pumped up when I discovered that www.filmconnection.com were holding a Film Director Program. They provided me with a one on one mentor (Chris) who not only went through everything involved with making a movie, he also introduced me to all his contacts within the business. I’ve learned so much from him. Cinematography, costumes, lighting, even selling the movie to interested parties. I still have lots to learn but with Chris’s help and also with the help of his many contacts I will succeed. Thank you www.filmconnection.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment