Friday, December 11, 2009

Rachel Campbell - Portland, Oregon

Rachel Campbell
Portland, Oregon Film Connection Student

It may sound cliché, but ever since I was little girl, I’ve always wanted to be a star. I would take some gold tinfoil and fashion a star out of it. Then I’d get my dad to place it outside my bedroom door, so that everyone passing by would know that this is the bedroom of star. Or one who would soon be a star.

Years later, reality caught up with me, but that golden star on my bedroom door remains. It reminds me of the dreams I have yet to give up on, no matter the financial constraints. So I worked and worked and worked some more to be able to get myself the necessary training to be on my way. I don’t want just fame and fortune, although those would be incredible bonuses. I want to be respected in a field that I love so much.

But acting classes, among other things, just cost too much. At least the ones that seem authoritative enough to teach me just what I need. So I am so glad that I found a program that fits within my budget. It’s not going to cost me an arm and a leg to do so. And since I see that it is affiliated with the Joe Anthony Studios of Hollywood, California, I know that I’m in the right place. The best thing is, I can stay right where I am and still be able to do something to achieve my goals.

These acting workshops are just the beginning, but it has given me the right film connection to make that star on my bedroom door more than just a gold tinfoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment