Friday, December 4, 2009

Louise Frederickson - Las Vegas, Nevada

Louise Frederickson
Film Connection Student - Las Vegas, Nevada

I've always liked films, and ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be involved in the making of one. But I have to say that I'm not really fit to stay in front of the camera. I'm too shy to be an actor and giving life to a character, big or small; and I don't have the attitude needed to be an effective director. But make no mistake, though I'll be working in a capacity that's not as high profile, I wanted to be involved, I do.

To be perfectly honest, I picked wardrobe design because it appealed to me. I'm such a girly girl after all, and dressing up can be so much fun. I figured I could channel that into being involved in filmmaking.

Working hand in hand with someone who's doing wardrobe for films is such an eye-opener, I must say. The amount of research involved is incredible. Everything must be perfect down to the very last detail. A lot of viewers have such sharp eyes, and they can spot even a button that's out of place. And though the shopping is fun, it's back-breaking work. You have to go to store after store after store to find the right item to include in your wardrobe. But once you find it, the feeling is so amazing.

Learning and being involved in wardrobe for film might not be as glamorous as being the actress or even the director, but being here has given me that film connection to be a part of the process in making something we can all be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment