Friday, September 2, 2011

Frank T. - Tucson, Arizona

Frank T.
Tucson, Arizona


People told me that I needed to go to university for 4 years if I wanted to be qualified to work in the film business. They also said that studios were only interested in what diploma you had on your wall. What a crock. Studios don’t care if you went to some fancy college or if you went to Film School. All a studio boss is interested in is how qualified you are to do the job at hand. 3 Years ago I completed my 6 month mentor/ apprentice program with Film Connection and when I went to interviews I was told that they actually looked away from university grads as they tend to have a very narrow perspective when it comes to film making. They have taken on the quirks of their college professor and believed that only his way of thinking was correct, whereas someone who learned in an actual film studio setting was far more open to new ideas and thinking. Luckily, my mentor was a working professional who knew what he was doing. He passed on all his vast knowledge and also many inside tips. This knowledge came in handy when I interviewed for a position at a local studio here in Tucson, Arizona. My mentor came with me for moral support and we demonstrated what I had learned. Needless to say I got the job and have been working with them for three and a half years now. I am very happy where I am working and I take it they are happy with me. So, it doesn’t take fancy degrees to get work, it takes the ability to do the given job. Give www.filmconnection.com a call or email and with their training you will leave those narrow-minded university graduates far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment