Friday, July 23, 2010

Enid Rollins - Reno, Nevada

Enid Rollins
Reno, Nevada


have been on my film connection program for just over 4 months now. I’m based in Nevada, but I am doing my course near Los Angeles, California. My mentor is Tony and he really is a great guy. He has dissected the film industry for me so that I understand each and every aspect of it. The work is hard; I won’t lie about that, but also greatly rewarding. Making your own short movie (mine was about urban art) and watch it grow from an idea to the finished film is just so amazing. He has also been introducing me to the many people he knows within the film making industry, taking me on shoots. He has even recommended reading material of specific movies to watch, knowing these may help me. I have 2 more months to go and everything is going much better than I could ever have imagined. I’m so glad I never listened to all the naysayers on some of the forums I visited and made up my own mind. I would be kicking myself if I had not taken the chance. This is all I ask, do your own research. Study the pro’s and con’s for yourself, don’t listen to hearsay and groundless innuendo and accusations from the ill informed or merely bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment