Friday, May 14, 2010

Steve Roberts - Brooklyn, NY

Steve Roberts
Brooklyn, NY


I’m a major fan of TV crime dramas, my favorites are CSI New York, CSI Miami and NCIS and my biggest dream would be to be behind the camera filming one of these fantastic shows. Thanks to www.filmconnection.com hopefully I soon will be. Their tailored curriculum has taught me everything I need to know (and much more) about filming TV dramas. Luckily I live in New York and can wander around looking at locations. My mentor Danny has taught me so much. Not just the obvious stuff to do with cameras and lighting, but also how to make a location work for you, how to make use of the surroundings, even where the best sounds are in the city. He should know he was born and bred in the city. He has also introduced me to several of his associates within the business, so things are very promising. I’m about to make a short film about real life crime in New York and with Danny’s help will show it to several NY film producers. With any luck something big will come of it. This whole course has been a wonderful experience for me. Thank you www.filmconnection.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment