Friday, November 27, 2009

Sarah Mitchell - Indianapolis, Indiana

Sarah Mitchell
Indianapolis, Indiana Film Connection Student

It's been over a couple of months since my first class in film editing, and I've recently been able to sit in a real editing session with my mentor. I couldn't really do much since I'm still a student, but it was a fascinating lesson to observe and take not of just how working as a film editor would really look like. This is definitely a kind of studying I like, and it just inspires and motivates me to study and work harder to be better at this.

One great thing about this is that I am actually learning from a film editor, someone who's got experience in this field and who is more than willing to share these experiences and insights with me. And since I'm the only one this class, so to speak, I get to have his full attention and ask him all my questions.

There's always more to film making than the writers, directors, actors. After everything's been shot, the film goes through the editing room so that it can be arranged so that it makes the best impact on its audience. And I'm glad that I've now got the film connection to be a part of this amazing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment