Friday, November 20, 2009

Dexter Fabian - Kirby, Vermont

Dexter Fabian
Kirby, Vermont - Film Connection Student

Gladiator, Aliens, Body of Lies - these are just some of my favorite Ridley Scott movies. Naturally, like my hero, I want to be a director. I've been making my own movies since I was 10 years old, and I believed it was time to take it to the next level, if I was ever going to be like Ridley. To me, this meant I should stop dressing up my younger cousins in cardboard alien costumes while I pointed a video camera at them, and start getting proper film training.

I had a problem, though. I absolutely HATED school. I detested the idea of sitting through class after class, even classes that would help me become a better filmmaker. And then I found The Film Connection. How cool is it that they don't even have a campus? So how do their students get training then? By working on REAL film sets all over the country!

I was sold. It didn't take me long to enroll. Getting my first apprenticeship was even quicker. Not only that, I also found some new heroes: the very mentors who are teaching me the ropes.

Really, at the rate I'm learning, Ridley Scott ought to watch his back! (Just kidding. Well, not really.)

No comments:

Post a Comment