Friday, October 30, 2009

Eugene Castle - Washington DC

Eugene Castle
Film Connection Student - Washington DC

Can I be so bold to say that I want to be the next Steven Spielberg? I want to be able to make those hard-hitting award-winning films that capture the hearts of viewers all over the world. Or maybe the George Lucas, turning into reality the wonders of our imagination, merging creativity and the best of technology into one amazing film.

But I have to admit, even my best intention, and even if I was the most creative person in the world, there's still so many things I have to know about the field of filmmaking other than what I could get from books and what I could learn from watching hundred of movies on DVDs and cinemas. I need that film connection to guide me correctly to be able to excel in this.

This is where my mentor comes in. He's actually been out doing his thing in films for over a decade now, and he gets to teach me the tricks of the trade that he's learned not through books, not through a classroom, but from actual experience. Our one-on-one sessions are so enlightening because I understand it so much more clearly when I have his full attention, and of course, he has mine.

Okay, so I may not exactly be the next Spielberg or Lucas, but I'll be close, that I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment