Monday, March 2, 2009

Colleen Rowley - Portland, Oregon

Colleen Rowley
FILM STUDENT - PORTLAND, OR.

I can not believe how cool this program is. While every schedule is different and some are only able to go to their studio a few hours per week, here is my schedule. Here is what I do every week:

I am getting about 30-40 hours on average at my studio weekly.
- 2 hrs. was spent on training on the Panasonic HVX-200 HD Camera Package w/Letus Extreme Prime Lens Upgrade. Here I learned how to assemble this camera, all the different parts and features, how to put on different lenses, packing the HVX and its gear up, proper storage, and a bit of this cameras focal depth (hands on).
- 2 hrs spent touring the studio location and its gear. Grip gear, lenses, cameras, green screen, tripods, loading and unloading the gear trailer...ect.
- 1 hrs spent assembling the gear of the HVX camera and the run bag for the upcoming shoot.
- 2 hrs spent on their new camera; Red One 4K Digital Cinema Package
Red Raid Drive
Red Flash Drive
Red LCD
Testing for any flaws as well as testing shots to find the best compression ratios.
- 1 hrs spent checking in video gear and making sure everything is in the right bags.
- .5 hrs spent going over my weekly lesson
- .5 hrs spent on a client meeting in which I took notes down to prep for the shot list and call sheet info
- .75 hrs spent on making a call sheet for an upcoming shoot
- .5 hrs spent on prepping the equipment for this shoot
- 1.5 hrs spent on learning and using Color Correction through Final Cut Pro on stock footage
- 1.5 hrs spent on acquiring props for and upcoming shoot (pre-production)
- 1 hrs spent on calling talent and coming up with wardrobe ideas for upcoming shoot.
- 2 hrs meeting with producer director/Dp coming up with shots and shot list, wardrobe, cast, location, time...ect.

This day was a stock footage shoot for funnelbox, shot in downtown portland or. I was involved with directing, lighting, PA, talent and being talent, location set up...ect. I was a PA on a commercial shoot in which I also did some lighting, back at the office I made a call sheet for an upcoming shoot and shipped out some dub tabes to a few clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment