Friday, June 3, 2011

Peter Hunn - Brooklyn, New York

Peter Hunn
Brooklyn, New York


At the grand old age of 28 I have decided to change my life. I have worked retail since leaving college. It was a safe career back then. It was also soul destroying and tedious. However, since the economic downturn the job has been a lot less secure what with shop closures and the credit crunch affecting sales. So 4 months ago I decided to look into a career as a sound technician. I had always been interested in the sound part of movies. A colleague gave me film connections telephone number and I arranged an interview. Having liked what I saw I decided to enroll. Fortunately I can study in my free time so I keep my day job, for now. For 3 months I have been working my butt off, studying and practicing my craft with my mentor. This has been THE most important thing I have ever done and I have no regrets. I know it’s gonna be a lot more work, more reading up, more listening to my mentor, but in the end I know it will be worth it. If like me you are in a dead end job give www.filmconnection.com a call or email and you may well be living a different life sooner than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment